Tuesday, March 6, 2007

My co-workers friends are awesome

This afternoon at work Ross and Lucie made their way to Walgreens for a routine Toffifay (that's Toffifay with 3 F's) run. When they came back, Lucie brought me some delicious almond cookies in the shape of....WINDMILLS! They're crispy, they're sugary, and they're delightful!

318450

Ross, however, brought out the big guns by presenting me with Lucky Puffs. Just as I would have envisioned from the descriptive name, there's a green shredded coconut crust, an outer mantle of soft marshmallow, an inner mantle of chocolate cake (!), and a gooey cream core. Sound familiar? Yup, they're Sno-Balls, but green for the upcoming St. Patrick's day...I think. I found an in-depth analysis of the treat here. Curiously, there's no mention of this treat on the official Hostess website.

Thanks again to my friends, who have brought me snacks ranging from the exotically Dutch to the classicly American (though surprisingly Irish).

Below: Photo of Lucky Puff I found online.

luckypuffs-04

Also, as LUCK would have it (get it?), Ross had on the perfect shirt for enjoying a LUCKy Puff.

3 comments:

Guiancarlo said...

I think you need a life.

YZA said...

Strange choice of words for someone who blogs about rain boots and fingerless gloves, don't you think?

Guiancarlo said...

When it starts to rain hard in April, do you really need a LUCKY PUFF? I want to see you walk in the rain with it.