Saturday, March 17, 2007

Lost Highway, Part. I

After reading David Foster Wallace's essay on David Lynch, I was inspired to go out and buy everything Lynch on DVD. Luckily, I only got was Eraserhead before realizing I can just rent them since I don't really watch my DVDs after the initial viewing.

Last night Ross and Nicole were having dinner at Herbivore (see "Things I hate" in sidebar) so we planned to meet at the local coffeeshop after they were done. That didn't really pan out, but they did meet me at the video store where I got Lost Highway. Ross left me with a cryptic message: "He gets more pussy than a toilet seat."

I went over to Corky's to watch the DVD after parting ways with Ross and Nicole. It's been about a decade since I saw it on the big screen, so I really don't remember much about the movie except that it thoroughly confused me. About 10 minutes into the movie, Corky and I were completely freaked out. I don't remember it being this scary. Nothing is more ball-shriveling than seeing Robert Blake's face superimposed on Patricia Arquette's body while in bed with Bill Pullman. Corky screamed a few times and freaked me out even more.

We ended up stopping the movie about half way through because we were both tired (I was secretly afraid that I might get spooked on the way home). We'll have to finish it during daylight hours.

Also, we both agree that Lynch's Bob character from Twin Peaks reminds us of our friend Eugene. See below.

Here are a couple shots of Bob lurking at the foot of the bed:



Here are pictures of Eugene lurking behind various plant life:
IMG_2428.JPG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you rented Lost Highway over Lynch's Dune!
-Rubi

YZA said...

you mean this dune?
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/183/426479436_633af6c48c_m.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/187/426479432_209017ee2d_o.jpg