Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Outdoorsy Adventure Club does Angel Island

Brian may skip a better stone than I do, but that didn't put too much of a damper on my trip to Angel Island. To think, I almost didn't go because Audrey was afraid of some rain.

It was a pretty interesting start. Audrey, Mike and I met Brian and Katie at Muddy Waters on 16th and Valencia. Brian got us sandwiches and ponchos (because Audrey was afraid of the rain). We got our coffee and caught a cab. The cabbie proceeded to go the long way...which would have been fine if we weren't running late for the ferry that takes us from Pier 41 to Angel Island. We finally get there right when the ferry was scheduled to leave, but still had to get our tickets. I was lucky enough to pick a booth with a sane lady working, but the rest got some crazy lady that yelled at them for being late. Ha.

Angel Island was pretty quiet and not a packed tourist trap. Score. We ended up circumnavigating the entire island, during which time Audrey ate both tupperware full of bread pudding that I had brought for the group, shanked my hand with her "walking stick," and complained the whole time.



IMG_2749.JPG
IMG_2543.JPG
IMG_2507 1.JPG
IMG_2556 1.JPG
Notice that the tupperware is empty.