Monday, January 29, 2007

Site traffic

Google provides a site traffic tracker (thanks, Ross!) that I've been using to be Big Brother of my blog. I usually don't get very many visits, about 20-30 a day (and usually between Audrey, Ross, and myself). I logged into Google Analytics after I posted my Don't Be Gay! entry and noticed a spike in activity. I wasn't just getting hits from the Bay Area, but all around the world. Check out the screen capture below. The only explanation I have for this surge of visitors is the choice of words I used. I think maybe "gay" could have done it, or when I threatened to put on Ghostface Killah and go "suck some cock."

Just think of all the traffic I can drive to my page if I threw in words like huge tits, big dick, gangbang, fellatio, or David Hasselhoff nude. Time for Google AdSense.

2 comments:

YZA said...

And the spam comments begin!

Audrey said...

and that's why wordpress is better. it automatically puts my spam in purgatory