Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Entertainment news

I found out recently that The Jesus and Mary Chain, one of my favorite bands, will be reuniting(!!) and playing Coachella(!!!!) this year. I've never seen them live, I can't wait. The last (and only) time I've been to Coachella was the first year in 1999. I went with Rubi and Jason and had my first hit of E. Needless to say, it was an amazing experience. Spiritualized played an amazing set (too bad you weren't there, Helena). The main attraction for me that year was Morrissey, of course, but the whole experience was unforgettable. I plan on having a better time this year with my main bitches.

Other noteworthy appearances on the list for Friday (the day I plan on going) are: Björk, Jarvis Cocker and Sonic Youth.

Also, Reno 911! is now a movie. I hope it's not as disappointing as the Strangers With Candy movie.

1 comment:

bass said...

strangers with candy: excellent first season; mean, sort of funny second season; unwatched third season. didn't bother screening the movie.

reno 911: can't stand "improv" comedy or whatever that series was; the movie trailer made me "LOL." will see the movie.