Thursday, January 25, 2007

Netflix update...fuck 'em

I won't have to worry about Netflix anymore, I cancelled it. I checked the status of my pending first DVD shipment and not surprisingly, the date was pushed back yet again. I pride myself on having a significant amount of tolerance when it comes to customer service, but Netflix definitely broke through my threshold level. I think that if they didn't post what day my DVD would go out and then change it each day, it wouldn't have pissed me off so much. I enjoy a bit of stick-and-carroting to keep things interesting, but it gets old pretty quick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have blockbuster and I love it! My free trial just expired and I stayed with it, and it's still good. I recieve my movies in the mail, and when I am done watching them, I can take them into the store and exchange them for others. I go home with my in-store movies and watch them while the store mails my on-line movies out and then sends me the new ones. And, they also offer coupons for an additional free monthly in-store rental. Woo Hoo! I do think it pays off if you have a local blockbuster to run into to hold you off while the on-line ones come in. oh, and the turn around is pretty good. just don't start a free trial and test it out on a govt holiday. then it takes a bit. and I saw a news report about netflix and their whole mailing/turn around issue.
-rubi