Thursday, February 1, 2007

I'm a bad, bad, yucky man

It's been a while since I've seen Peter Shaffer's Equus on PBS. The part that I could never watch is when he mutilates the horses with a sickle or pick or some sharp metal...stuff. It featured a psychiatrist and his patient who diefies horses, then wants to do the hanky with their pankies.

Recently there's been talk of the new play in London starring Daniel Radcliff, aka Harry Potter. Like Hair, Equus is known for its nude scene (before and during the horse hacking), and I was kind of grossed out about the thought of Harry Potter running around naked on stage. Grossed out until recently...until I saw the promo shots. It's still kind of disturbing, and yes, I feel extremely dirrty, but I found the photos kind of hot. Sure, he's 17, but he's legal in the UK, yeah?

Ok, I've thoroughly disgust myself for the bad thoughts. But check out the awesome poster for the play. The typography is lacking, but the image is brilliant.


3 comments:

Audrey said...

shame on you!! you should have waited a year to blog about this, um, like i was going to do.

YZA said...

whatever. in a year he'll turn gross like fred savage.

The Tens said...

Dude, he's got horse eyes for nipples... but if that's your thing. I'm just keeping my eye on you at Golden Gate Fields.