Sunday, April 15, 2007

Busy weekend

I got to San Jose on Friday and ended up meetng Kelsey at the gym at almost 1 in the morning. It was the first 24 Hour Fitness I've been to in San Jose and it smelled like one giant sock. Saturday was spent with Becky, Bella, and Sarah in Santa Cruz/Davenport/Pescadero. Lots of food was eaten; fun was had by all.

Today, Sunday, I spent driving around San Jose looking for handlebar tape and places to print digital photos. I don't ever miss the relatively slow pace of suburbia until I'm actually immersed in it. It's nice to drive around and then get to park right in front of where you want to be...without circling endlessly.



I didn't find any tape that I liked, but I did pick up a Topeak mini tool kit for my bike. It's possibly the coolest thing I've bought in a while (and I buy a lot of crap). The body of the tiny kit breaks into two halves, packed with 26 tools. In additional to standards like Allen and box wrenches, this badass comes with TWO tire levers (!!!!), a chain tool, spoke wrenches, AND a compartment for two chain pins. Topeak is definitely my favorite bike accessories brand. Their stuff is pricey, but well designed.

After driving around, I went for a long ride with my little cousin. We made a stop by my old junior high for kicks. The photo of the doors is the entrance to the band room, where I spent a great deal of my time in 7th and 8th grade.

DSC00690
DSC00691
DSC00692

2 comments:

Audrey said...

what the hell is 'suburbia'? don't you mean disturbia

A to the n-gee said...

OMG, the band room!