Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I bought stuff again

I met up with Uyen and Helena at Cafe de la Presse today after work. Helena showed us around her class where she's going to make me brooches. After that we went to the Apple store so I could spend the gift card my sister got for my birthday/xmas. I've been wanting the new Airport Extreme because now you can hook up an external hard drive to it and use it as a kind of server. I talked to one of the employees and he assured me that I'll have it set up before I even knew I had done it. LIES!

I unplugged my Airport Express which I've been using (it kicks ass) and plugged in the Airport Extreme. It seemed easy enough using the setup program that came with it. After going through the setup step by step, it congratulated me and said that I was set up and connected to the internet. I was able to log onto the wireless, but it had no internet connection. I tried for another 15 minutes and gave up. I plugged my Express back in and called it a day.

Damn you, Apple. I guess I'll call tomorrow and get everything in order. I'm excited to use my external drive as a server for my computers.

IMG_3543

No comments: