Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's a sad day for photography

I learned late last week that Polaroid will stop production of their instant film to focus on newer technology like portable printers and television sets. The news was kind of heartbreaking, though admittedly I haven't been using the film that much of late (because of 1: the price and 2: the even more instant digital photography). Still, knowing that it would be there when I needed it was comforting. My collection of 20+ cameras will inevitably become useless. Now, many hipsters will suffer the consequences when they want to shoot their next MySpace photo. What a shame. Maybe now my earlier post about a Photoshop filter will come in handy?

Goodbye, old friend.
P.S. Who wants to buy some Polaroid cameras? Or sell me some cheap film...
P.P.S. Update: Or you can do this to your cameras.

polaroids
Photos I forgot about until this post.

No comments: