Monday, February 18, 2008

Dim sum!

Dim sum, the perfect feast for gluttons. It was a little over a year ago that Pooh and I had this great meal, as retold here, and today we relived it. As last time, we ordered way too much. It was good, though. I hate pronouncing the dishes correctly in Chinese because the person taking our order will inevitably respond in Chinese. This proves to be a problem since I'll reply in English with "I don't understand" and a chuckle. I end up feeling like I've disappointed them and feel guilty (both because I can't speak the language of my people and I let the years of Chinese school my parents put me through go to waste).

After dim sum Pooh bought a tea infuser and we went searching for teas. We found The Aroma Tea Shop, which is a kind of tea tasting bar. We picked out a couple different kinds and tried them with the rest of the people at the bar. I ended buying a flower tea combo set and 4 oz. of chrysanthemum tea (just like grandma used to make). I'm sipping on some right now. Delicious!

assorted flower teas
Flower tea buds

chrysanthemum tea
Dried chrysanthemum flowers ready for brewing

wall of tea
Wall of tea

No comments: