Sunday, June 3, 2007

Bottom of the Hill, or Happy Bday Audrey

It's been a few years since I've been to Bottom of the Hill for a show. I forgot how crowded the tiny venue can get. At certain points, it felt like I was in the steam room at the gym. But having said that, it was definitely worth it.

We went to the Matt and Kim show in celebration of Audrey's 28th. One of the opening bands was The Mall. The drummer made her a bday DVD which made her feel special or something. I asked her if she was a Mallrat, which she responded with a nervous chuckle. You can draw your own conclusions. The second The Mall started playing, a mosh pit pushed and shoved its way to life. Pooh and I stood there, feeling betrayed by our age. It made us feel old and just a little afraid. The surprised came when we spotted a drunked Brian moshing right along with the 17-year-olds.

When Matt and Kim came on, they were all about smiles and funny anecdotes. Kim drummed with a giant smile on her face the WHOLE TIME and Matt stopped in between songs to tell stories about motel ghosts and pizza shaped marshmallows. Three words describe them: Extra Super Fun! No, the exclamation mark is not a typo. I want them to play at my next house party.

The big pay off came after I was dropped off. I spotted a hot dog vendor (yes, at 1 in the morning) selling bacon-wrapped hot dogs on the corner of Mission and 23rd. This bad boy was topped with grilled onions, mayo, ketchup and mustard...in that order.

DSC00801

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD. That hotdog. That's it, we have to go in the next week together. I'm not going to eat for a few days so i can have two.

.s

SergDun said...

they got those same joints in front of dalva, bacon hotdogs are off the fucking chain