Thursday, November 13, 2008

My recent obsession with the Emanuels, particularly Rahm

With Rahm as Obama's Chief of Staff and Ari being portrayed by Jeremy Pivens in Entourage, the brothers have been getting lots of attention. The brothers fascinate me because 1) they're super successful/intelligent siblings that remind me of Salinger's Glass family or a more functional Tenenbaums, 2) they scare the bejesus out of me and 3) Rahm is foxy in a psychotic maniac kinda way.

During a Charlie Rose interview with the three brothers (Zeke, the oldest, is a bioethics director for the U.S. National Institutes of Health), you can see Rahm waving his hand with the stub of a middle finger around. Supposedly it got cut off while working at an Arby's, but I'd like to think that he lost it doing something much more heroic and dangerous.

UPDATE: There's a post today over at the HuffPo about Rahm Emanuel roasting Stephen Colbert! Awesomeness.

1 comment:

it's not a gravy train said...

OMG Rahm is DAMN sexy, DAMN DAMN sexy. Between and him and Obama I don't know who is better looking...or smarter. drool.